The OSKI (Out-of-State Key Inclusion) Scholarship is a merit- and need-based scholarship for out-of-state incoming freshman and transfer students at UC Berkeley who have demonstrated exceptional academic and leadership qualities through scholastic dedication and impactful work in their communities. The Cal Alumni Student Association will award up to $1000 to 10 qualified students from the applicant pool, with the goal of alleviating the financial burden of talented and deserving out-of-state students.
As an OSKI scholarship recipient, awardees will also have the following exclusive benefits:
- OSKI scholars receive membership into the Cal Alumni Student Association under the category of ambassadors and do not need to undergo an additional application process. They are welcome to, however, apply to a coordinator position under a separate branch of CASA.
- OSKI scholars are expected to be ambassadors of the Cal Alumni Student Association for the out of state community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, communicating with state alumni boards and, if possible, attending local alumni events to create a connection between CASA and the national alumni community. In addition, the scholars will be paired with alumni to have an out of state mentor that can connect with the scholars.
- OSKI scholars receive reserved seating at Cal Alumni Student Association alumni networking events.
- OSKI scholars receive a monetary scholarship of $1,000 towards tuition and other school-related expenses
OSKI scholars are expected to devote about 1-2 hours a week in activities which include but are not limited to:
- OSKI networking and mentorship events planned by the Cal Alumni Student Association
- Active participation in a guided project which caters to the out of state community
The application period has ended.
Note: Low-income students and students from underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.