Welcome Class of 2023!
The Students of the Class of 2023
Admitted Cal students (high school seniors who have been accepted to UC Berkeley) can get a taste for college life at UC Berkeley through the Overnight Stay Program—a 24–hour campus visit organized by the students of the Cal Alumni Student Association (CASA).
The Parents of the Class of 2023
Parents of admitted students can participate in a concurrent program tailored to parents’ interests, which includes panels of current Cal parents and professors as well as resource presentations regarding financial aid, health and safety, and other campus information.
What Our Programming Includes
OSP gives you the opportunity to experience all aspects of student life, including:
- An extensive look into the UC Berkeley campus
- Eating at residence dining halls in addition to enjoying food from popular Berkeley staples
- Sitting in on classes across a range of departments
- Enjoying live entertainment from Berkeley’s performing arts groups
- Speaking with current Cal students, alumni, and faculty
- Staying overnight with a Cal student in the residence halls
- Speaking with Cal Housing, UCPD & other campus resources
We also provide parents with additional programming, including:
- A Cal Parents panel, where parents of current and past Cal students answer your most common questions
- Parent-only happy hour
- Parent dinner with current and past Cal parents
If you purchase a parent/guest ticket, the participant must attend the same OSP session as his/her/their student. Parent/guest participants must also arrange their own accommodations. We have negotiated discounted rates at multiple hotels around Berkeley. You will receive an email with accommodation options once you purchase your ticket.
Students also receive an OSP shirt, drawstring bag,
Registration will open after UC Berkeley sends out acceptance letters to the Class of 2023.
To Know Before You Book
Due to the popularity of this program, sessions fill up VERY quickly. Every year, this program is in very high demand and some admitted students may not be able to participate due to the limited number of spaces. Buy your tickets for OSP before booking travel accommodations, as program tickets may be sold out. Once you purchase your OSP ticket (and if you purchased a non–overnight student ticket or a parent ticket), you will receive an email to book accommodations at a discounted rate.
Please note that we are an entirely student-run organization. We do try to accommodate as many students as possible, but we are resource constrained as students. Our volunteers have midterms and projects, just like you. We will do our best to respond to questions and concerns within 48 hours, but please visit our FAQ page to address the most common questions.